Spring is enjoyable for many reasons: flowers bloom, you can open windows for crisp air and your power bill is usually at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning to your furnace or air.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in Tempe and keeping costs lower.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and scale down costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy charges low.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is a great time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in updated cooling systems is a huge advantage for keeping your power charges down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling charges. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Understanding how to efficiently use your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your energy cost will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can do a couple other things to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise during the summer, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Think About Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your routine and move the temp when you’re gone to help you save energy and money. You can also set the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy expenses economical. If you think it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you figure out the right product for your home. And like always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.