It’s frigid outside. Much of the country is layering up for some icy temps. And while the Experts are always ready to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water fixtures.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets under sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, now is the time to open them.
- If your furnace is not functional, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, Orangutan Home Services is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.