No matter what the elements outside in Tempe, the temperature within your home designates how comfortable your family will be. Find the right temp and your space will feel like a comfortable escape from everything. But if your heating and cooling system isn’t working accurately, you’ll notice. And it won’t be pleasant.
Get ready for a thorough look at how you’re handling your heating and cooling equipment. It might make the difference between a stable system or a problematic performer. Take this short quiz from Orangutan Home Services to see how you stack up.
- Hotter days are coming up fast in Tempe. How do you prepare your system?
- Replace the HVAC filter and clean the vents. Then it’s ready to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the Experts for a seasonal tune-up.
- Not a thing. It will probably be fine.
- You’re planning a get-together on a hot night, but the AC isn’t doing anything. What do you do?
- Instruct my friends to bring iced beverages.
- Call for an emergency repair to get it working before anyone arrives.
- Turn on my fans and hope for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is losing steam. What happens when it’s time for a new one?
- Allow my contractor to make the decision and fund it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and costs by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Choose the most costly system available in Tempe.
- When you get your next monthly power bill, what do you anticipate you’ll see?
- It will be a little higher. My heating and cooling charges have been climbing.
- It will be close to the bill for the same month last year.
- I won’t know until I open it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your home comfort system is making a strange noise. What do you do first?
- Dig out my toolbox and use a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Get a qualified technician to examine it.
- Block it out and pray it goes away.
Now tally your results. If you answered mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are right on track. You’re taking care of your equipment and you made a plan for down the road. But if you replied to any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you can make some changes to help your system perform better. Keep going to see how.
Improved HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Book Yearly Maintenance While swapping out your air filter and clearing your vents are useful tasks to prep your system for a different season, a professional maintenance appointment is necessary to wrap up the process. During a regular maintenance visit, your pro technician will manage a series of tasks that boost the energy efficiency technician will keep an eye out for more urgent headaches for your equipment. That could save you a costly breakdown later in the season.
Choose a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even meticulously maintained home comfort systems can have complications sometimes. And it always seems to occur at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can manage the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program gives that critical service to homeowners at no extra cost.
Devise a plan for your HVAC system transition. Well-maintained HVAC systems can last for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Create a strategy now to evade last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can help. It gives you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front costs. Even better, the program also has free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy expenses and don’t ignore it when they radically change. Your electricity bills can show you more than your monthly expenses. If you’re noticing a steady increase in your bills but no variation in home comfort, something is probably occurring with your HVAC. A modern high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Call in the pros when you detect a weird noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than bothersome. It indicates something is wrong with your equipment. Even if it’s a relatively small trouble, left without a repair it could make for a high-priced repair down the road. Don’t try to repair it yourself. Leave it to the pros to check out and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you quite a lot when you don’t manage it. If you use these tips, you could save time, money and frustration. And if your HVAC just isn’t keeping up anymore, consider finding one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To hear more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!