How Do You Look for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of gases that could be within your Tempe house. Natural gas and vapors that derive from home fixtures, carpet and paints. Not one of them are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.

Reach Orangutan Home Services at 602-906-0111 today to begin shielding your residence against this harmful gas.


Why is Carbon Monoxide so Dangerous?

Carbon monoxide could be a major concern, so it’s not a thing to mess around with.

1. You Can’t Smell It

Carbon monoxide is so unsafe because you aren’t able to see it, sense it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in low doses and can’t be purified.

2. It Can Be Deadly After Only Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a result of burnt fuel. It can leak into your residence during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. While it depends on how big the leak is and the ventilation in a residence, it may become fatal in just a few minutes.

Once inhaled, it has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are inhaling fresh air, it will take five hours to remove it from your bloodstream. It will take another five hours to reduce that level by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Resemble Other Illnesses

The gas may also cause conditions that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.

How to Guard Your Family from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no point to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are some steps you can take to keep your house safe:

  1. Every home with at least one fuel-burning furnace, connected garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide alarm. You need to have an alarm on all levels of your home, including the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide alarm in your residence?
    Call Orangutan Home Services at 602-906-0111 to get one. Ask our Experts about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
  2. If you currently own a carbon monoxide alarm, regularly look at or replace the batteries. You should check batteries every three months, and buy a new alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide detector goes off, exit your home without delay and call 911.

Protect Your Family with Assistance from Orangutan Home Services

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the proper steps your house can be guarded from the toxic gas. Take the precautions and call Service Experts at 602-906-0111 to learn more.

chat now widget box