How Often Do I Need Air Conditioner Service in Tempe?
Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your air conditioner quits out of the blue. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for a technician to arrive. Talk about a disaster!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is the key to preventing this problem. But how do you know when it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has any problems at all? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit easily producing cool air even on the hottest days.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC specialists highly recommend servicing it at least once a year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, avoiding potential issues and extending its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal time of year. This enables you to address growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioning runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring is already in the rearview mirror, and you weren't able to schedule AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to maximizing cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioning tune-up is a detailed process involving various steps. This is why DIY servicing is not recommended. Here are some key parts of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service call:
- Complete inspection: The technician carefully looks through your air conditioning unit for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other hardware to ensure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and lessen wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Changing the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals advise doing this yourself every couple of months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your cooling specialist will run a test cycle to make sure the system fires up, operates and shuts down correctly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many individuals wonder if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit needs less power to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician methodically inspects your AC unit every spring. A simple repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Improved air quality: A clean AC system translates into better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, annual AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should consider it an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility charges, emergency repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To optimize your savings, give some thought to enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll lower the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and budget. You’ll get several benefits no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include yearly AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when arranging appointments, even during high call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with discounts on new equipment with the Maintenance+ Plan
- Repair guarantee: For your peace of mind, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Certainly, routine AC maintenance is crucial for enhancing performance and delivering home comfort. Schedule your annual visit, preferably in the spring, to avoid breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts stands out as a top choice, with qualified Experts, complete maintenance plans and a laser-sharp focus on customer satisfaction. Leave air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your home cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or plan your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.