Stay Cool During Summer Activities in Tempe
Summer is normally a hectic time of year for many families in Tempe. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any host of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Tempe heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five suggestions:
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a short break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a breather as it may also be an early sign of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when scheduling outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Tempe temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than usual. It can help you cool down a little faster so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.