Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several points to think over, plus the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can likely wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and increases comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to enjoy the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the proper amount of air to keep your house comfy. A modern air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Orangutan Home Services, can estimate that static pressure of your system and offer the proper recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your budget if you get new systems at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any major imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system stops working. You can skip the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll get these rewards:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at the highest efficiency, making your house cozier and reducing your annual energy bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you get a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at once. And you could even be eligible for a discount as you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Orangutan Home Services. We understand the cost of replacing your full system may concern you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 602-906-0111 to book an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.