Your heating and cooling system is the key to a comfortable home and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever broken down on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with last minute repairs, higher energy bills or home comfort problems. What if you had a way to guarantee an uninterrupted supply of clean, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like getting an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should think about enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the guessing out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to schedule tune-ups with Orangutan Home Services, but we highly endorse signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so it's not hard to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll get consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so important, consider these benefits:
- Uncover small problems early: Issues with your home comfort system tend to develop slowly. When a technician checks the internal components once a year, it’s possible to locate and take care of little problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of breakdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the chance of a sudden breakdown diminishes.
- Smaller repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected amount that minimizes the need for most major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that annual maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by close to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Boost home comfort: When your HVAC system functions the way it should, airflow improves for even temperatures and more balanced humidity in your home.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety assessment during each visit delivers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is running as intended.
- Maintain your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they demand yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in upkeep now protects you from costly repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can often anticipate same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your heating and cooling system? An HVAC agreement gives you access to the fastest installs feasible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance decreases the need for repair work, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract grants a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are sometimes necessary, but they can get pricey fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you unhappy, the technician will return to make things right.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Orangutan Home Services offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan provides and contact our staff to help you figure out the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before enrolling. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Orangutan Home Services office today.