What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?
Preventing it from happening is the most important place to begin. Doing proper safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Tempe.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours going in the restricted space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when operated right but can create carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Confirm gas appliances are operating correctly, especially your furnace. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by booking annual furnace maintenance with Orangutan Home Services.