Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Tempe
You might not think about your sump pump until you need it. Then you hope it’s draining correctly so your Tempe basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can cease working for several numerous reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t running properly, call the Experts at Orangutan Home Services to fix the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance suggestions, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can stop running for a few different reasons:
- Power loss
- Lack of maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Icy or clogged discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to verify your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is straight and not tilting to one side, since this can lead the pump to not run when required.
- If the pump hasn’t been on recently, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump turns on and drains the water quickly.
- During dry weather, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust Orangutan Home Services for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of security to defend your home from water damage, depend on the Experts at Orangutan Home Services to verify yours is effective.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 602-906-0111 or request an appointment online.